The 2016 Copa América Centenario takes place in the USA from the 3rd to the 26th of June 2016.
Given the great number of players released by European Clubs, and as for every major national team tournament, the European Club Association has conducted a research highlighting the number and origin of clubs involved in releasing players.
Key facts & figures:
- 40.2% of the Copa América Centenario players (148 players from a total of 368) currently play in one of the European national championships
- 103 European clubs from 46 different UEFA Member Associations are involved in the release of players (including 50 ECA Member Clubs)
- Paris Saint-Germain FC (FRA) is the European Club releasing most players (6)
- 17 out of 23 players of the National Team of Argentina play in Europe
- 24 different English clubs are releasing players for the tournament
- 30 Copa América Centenario players are registered with clubs in Spain
Please find further key facts and figures in the attached infographics map. Click here.