In time for the kick-off of the UEFA EURO 2016 in France, the European Club Association (ECA) is pleased to announce that the latest ECA Player Release Analysis is now available for download.
The ECA Player Release Analysis is a research study undertaken by the European Club Association at the occasion of every major national team tournament including, but not limited to, the FIFA World Cup and the UEFA EURO.
The purpose of this particular research is to highlight the number and origin of clubs involved in releasing players for the UEFA EURO 2016 in France. The report includes a comprehensive analysis by club, league, national association and confederation.
Amongst others, the report highlights the following facts and figures:
- In total, 215 clubs are involved in releasing players to the UEFA EURO. 206 of them are from Europe.
- 542 players from a total of 552 (98.2%) are registered with European clubs.
- With 12 players released, both Liverpool FC (ENG) and Juventus (ITA) have released the highest number of players.
- Manchester United FC (ENG) released players to 7 different National Teams. 31 players are currently registered with clubs playing in the English Football League Championship.
- The English second-tier competition is the 7th league overall in terms of players released.
- More than 18.5% of the UEFA EURO 2016 players are playing in the English Premier League.
- 15 out of the 24 National Teams are exclusively composed of players registered with European clubs.
- Romania is the only National Team having more than one player registered with non-European clubs.
- All 23 players of the English National Team are registered with clubs in England.
Find out more interesting facts and figures by downloading the full study here.
For any question or remark please contact Federico Raviglione at email@example.com.