The mission of the ECA Women’s Football Working Group is to lead ECA’s input on a broad range of women’s football topics including competitions, technical frameworks, high performance research and relationships between clubs and national associations, feeding recommendations through the relevant UEFA and FIFA football bodies.
Key areas of focus for this Working Group are as follows:
- The format, access list, financial distribution, and regulations of the European women’s club competitions.
- The format of any other competition involving European women’s clubs and/or female players’ participation.
- The Women’s International Match Calendar and release rules, including the introduction of a Collaboration Charter specifically for women’s football.
- Generating ECA positions in respect of potential developments to the Laws of the Game particularly relating to women’s football.
- Providing input to the ECA Women’s High Performance Advisory Group regarding areas of female specific research.
The objective of the ECA Women’s Football Working Group is to share expertise and reach informed decisions on European women’s club football competitions and to support and advise the UEFA Club Competitions Committee and/or any equivalent UEFA body dealing with women’s competition matters.
Thanks to the joint commitment of the Working Group's members, several services have been developed for the benefit of the entire ECA Membership:
- Research on women’s football boots
- 'ECA Changemaker’ study
- 'Future of Fandom: Growing the women’s game’ study
- Women’s Football Summit