The mission of the ECA Men’s Football Working Group is to lead the management of ECA’s input into topics relating to men’s football including competitions, high performance and relations between clubs and national associations, through recommendations issued via the relevant UEFA and FIFA club football committees.
More particularly this involves:
- The format, access, and regulations of the European men’s club competitions.
- The format of any other competition involving European men’s club and/or male players’ participation (i.e. FIFA Club World Cup, Olympic tournament);
- The men’s international calendar and its harmonization, including the men’s football collaboration charter.
- Generating ECA positions in respect of potential developments to the Laws of the Game.
The objective of the ECA Men’s Football Working Group is to develop recommendations on European men’s club football competitions and to support and advise the ECA Board, Executive Committee and representatives of the UEFA Club Competitions Committee.
Thanks to the joint commitment of the Working Group's members, several services have been developed for the benefit of the entire ECA Membership:
- UEFA Club Competitions 2024-27
- ECA Fixture Hub