The mission of the ECA Commercial & Innovation Working Group is to put clubs in a position to drive the direction of the commercialisation of European club football in a club-centric way influencing commercial innovations towards the specific needs of clubs.
Key opportunities where this Working Group can catalyse change are:
- Inputting into the marketing and branding of European club competitions.
- Commercial, media and equipment regulations of club competitions.
- Relationships with sponsors, broadcasters, licensees in football.
- Building centralised services to save budget, increase revenues, and disrupt industries such as rights protection, market research and digital services.
- Providing ECA, UEFA and their commercial Joint Venture with recommendations on how clubs want to see the European club competitions commercialised.
Thanks to the joint commitment of the Working Group's members, several services have been developed for the benefit of the entire ECA Membership:
- ‘Future of Fandom: Engaging the younger generation’ research