European Club Association
Route de St-Cergue 9
Information collection and use
ECA does not collect personal identifying information when you access the Website homepage and browse the Website without disclosing your personal data (except cookies; see below under "cookies").
ECA collects personal identifying information when you register on the Website, when you use certain products or services on the Website and when you enter promotions, sweepstakes or similar services sponsored by ECA or its business partners. ECA may also receive personal identifying information from its business partners.
When you register ECA asks for your name, e-mail address, and some other personal information. Once you register with ECA and/or sign in to our products or services, you are not anonymous to ECA.
ECA also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your Internet Protocol address (IP address), which identifies your computer, ECA's cookies information and the page you requested.
ECA uses information collected for three general purposes: for technical administration of the Website, for research and development to achieve and maintain a high service level and for customer information (to customise the content you see, to fulfil your request for certain products and services and to contact you about specials and new products and services).
Information sharing and disclosure
ECA will not sell or rent your personal identifying information without your consent. ECA may send personal identifying information about you to third parties when:
- ECA has your consent to share the information;
- ECA needs to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- ECA needs to send the information to third parties who work on behalf of ECA to provide a product or service to you (unless otherwise stated so, these third parties do not have any rights to use the personal identifying information ECA provides to them beyond what is necessary to provide a product or service to you);
- ECA responds to courts or authorities; or
- ECA finds that your actions on the Website violate ECA Website Terms and Conditions of Use or any other
- ECA's guidelines or rules applicable for specific services.
- ECA may set and access ECA's cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website's computer and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- ECA uses its own cookies for number of purposes, mainly to:
access your information when you "sign in", so that we can provide you with customized content;
keep track of preferences you specify while you are using ECA services.
estimate and report our total audience size and traffic;
conduct research and development to improve the Website contents and services and achieve and maintain a high service level.
- ECA may allows third parties that are presenting promotions or researching users response to advertisement on some of our pages to set and access their own cookies on your computer. Third parties' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not this one.
ECA does not knowingly collect personal data from children.
ECA does not take specific steps to protect the privacy of children who disclose their personal identifying information to ECA.
Access to your personal identifying information
ECA gives you the ability to access your personal identifying information by sending us an e-mail including in the title of the e-mail the reference to personal identifying information at email@example.com.
ECA allows you to challenge the data that it holds about you and you may have such data rectified, amended or completed.
If you communicate with ECA by e-mail, you should note that the secrecy of Internet e-mail is uncertain. By sending sensitive or confidential e-mail messages or information which are not encrypted you accept the risk of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality over the Internet.
In certain areas, ECA uses industry standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
ECA is subject to Swiss data protection laws when collecting and processing personal identifying information.
Questions or suggestions