ECA Player Release Analysis 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
Thursday, 12 01 2017
The 2017 Africa Cup of Nations takes place in Gabon
The 31st edition of the Africa Cup of Nations, to be held in Gabon, will kick off this Saturday 14 January and last until Sunday 5 February 2017.
Given the great number of players released by European Clubs, and as for every major national team tournament, the European Club Association has conducted a research highlighting the number and origin of clubs involved in releasing players.
Key facts & figures:
- 64.7% of the Africa Cup of Nations players (238 players from a total of 368) currently play in one of the European national championships
- 172 European clubs (68.3% of the total number of clubs) are involved in the release of players (including 57 ECA Member Clubs)
- LOSC Lille (FRA) is the European Club releasing most players (5)
- 22 out of 23 players of the National Team of Guinea-Bissau play in Europe
- 35 different French clubs are releasing players for the tournament
- 57 Africa Cup of Nations players are registered with clubs in France
Please find further key facts and figures in the attached infographics map. Click here.