The 13th Edition of the CONCACAF Gold Cup is scheduled to take place in the USA from the 7th to the 26th of July 2015.
Given the great number of players released by European Clubs, and as for every major national team tournament, the European Club Association has conducted a research highlighting the number and origin of clubs involved in releasing players.
Key facts & figures:
- 75 European clubs from 22 different UEFA Member Associations are involved in the release of players (including 22 ECA Member Clubs)
- 29% of the CONCACAF Gold Cup players (80 players from a total of 276) currently play in one of the European national championships
- 12 out of 23 players of the National Team of Haiti play in Europe
- 20 different English clubs are releasing players for the tournament
- The number of European clubs releasing players has increased from 49 in the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup to 75 in the current tournament.
Please find further key facts and figures in the attached infographics map. Click here.