The 21st General Assembly of the European Club Association (ECA) will take place on 10 & 11 September 2018 at the Le Méridien Lav Hotel in Split, Croatia. The General Assembly, which is ECA’s supreme body, is made up of representatives from each of ECA’s 232 Member Clubs and meets biannually.
The main items on the ECA General Assembly agenda are:
- ECA Chairman Report
- ECA Administration Report
- Update on UEFA Club Competitions – UEFA Europa League 2021-24 cycle
- Update from the UEFA Club Competitions SA
- Update on the FIFA Task Force on Transfer Matters
- FIFA World Cup 2018 - Report on Video Assistant Referees (VAR)
The General Assembly will also include the ECA Awards 2018 ceremony, which will take place on the evening of Monday 10 September 2018. First introduced in 2010, the ECA Awards reward outstanding club performances, encourage best practice and highlight successful club management. The ECA Awards consist of four categories, which include:
- European Club of the Year
- Best Sporting Progress
- Women’s Club Football Award
- Best Community & Social Responsibility Programme
A press conference will be held at approximately 13:30 (CEST) on Tuesday 11 September, upon completion of the General Assembly, and will be attended by ECA Chairman Andrea Agnelli, ECA General Secretary Michele Centenaro, and other Board Members. Media representatives wishing to attend the press conference are kindly requested to contact Alun Vaughan, Communications Coordinator (email@example.com).