UEFA PFSC Working Group on Integrity Matters
Friday, 07 03 2014
The first meeting of the UEFA PFSC Working Group on Integrity Matters took place in Nyon
Representatives of ECA, EPFL, FIFPro Division Europe and UEFA met today in Nyon for the first meeting of the UEFA Professional Football Strategy Council working group on integrity matters.
This working group focuses on the concrete implementation of the resolution called "European football united for the integrity of the game", which was established by the PFSC.
During the meeting, an overview of the different objectives and deliverables were discussed, including:
- the creation of a joint code of conduct
- education and prevention programmes
- betting fraud detection and reporting systems
- coordination and cooperation through eg. integrity officers on national level
- investigation and prosecution
- contribution of the betting industry
All parties present in the meeting emphasised the importance of the integrity of Football and the role of the European stakeholders to fight against corruption and match fixing in Football.
The next working group meeting is scheduled for the 16th of April.