ECA Player Release Analysis 2015 Copa América
Tuesday, 23 06 2015
The 2015 Copa América takes place in Chile from 11 June to 4 July
The 44th Edition of the Copa América is currently taking place in Chile. The tournament kicked-off on the 11th of June, with the Final to be played on the 4th of July.
Given the great number of players registered with European clubs, the European Club Association has conducted a research, showing the overall situation of players released by European clubs for the tournament.
Key Facts & Figures:
- 83 European clubs from 16 different UEFA Member Associations are involved in the release of players (including 46 ECA Member Clubs)
- 46.4% of the Copa América players (128 players from a total of 276) currently play in one of the European national championships
- 20 out of 23 players of the National Team of Argentina play in Europe
- Paris Saint-Germain FC (FRA) is the European club releasing most players
- 30 Copa América players are registered with English clubs
- The number of European clubs releasing players has increased from 66 in the 2011 Copa América to 83 in the current tournament.
Please find further key facts and figures in the attached infographics map. Click here.