The Legal Advisory Panel at Emirates Stadium in London in December 2013
Football continues to develop at a dramatic pace and the business aspects of the game are becoming ever more important. Increasingly, the clubs are realising the need for a better understanding of the regulatory and legal environment if we are to protect our individual interests adequately.
With the aim of providing additional and useful services to all members, ECA has taken a significant step in the creation of the ECA Legal Services paired with the establishment of the Legal Advisory Panel.
The Legal Advisory Panel (LAP) has been created to bring together legal experts and arbitration members from ECA Member Clubs with the aim of exchanging knowledge, joining legal forces and sharing expertise in order to become better aware and informed about certain legal problems and decisions. The LAP supports the ECA Representatives involved in various dispute resolution and arbitration bodies and aims at creating best practices for ECA Member Clubs.
In close connection with the establishment of the LAP, an ECA Mediation platform has been created which is competent to hear all disputes of a financial nature between two member clubs. The mediator for such a case will be drawn from the LAP Members.
This a new era in club cooperation and representation and the ECA Legal Advisory Panel will be an active participant in helping to shape a positive legal environment for ECA Members.
The composition of the ECA Legal Advisory Panel is as follows:
Chairman: Ivan Gazidis (Arsenal FC)
Vice-Chairman: Michael Gerlinger (FC Bayern München)
- Damir Vrbanovic - DRC Judge
- Renaud Duchene - RSC Anderlecht
- Martin Procházka - AC Sparta Praha
- Bruce Buck - Chelsea FC
- Darren Eales - Tottenham Hotspur FC
- Vincent Ponsot - Olympique Lyon
- Theodoros Giannikos - Olympiacos FC
- Achilleas Mavromatis - PAOK FC
- Géza Róka - Debreceni VSC
- Angelo Cappellini - FC Internazionale Milano
- Leandro Cantamessa - AC Milan
- Martynas Kalvelis - FK Ekranas
- Wouter Van Zetten - AZ Alkmaar
- Ivo Trijbits - AFC Ajax
- Paulo Leite Gonçalves - SL Benfica
- Daniel Lorenz Pereira - FC Porto
- Eugene Krechetov - FC Lokomotiv
- Pavel Pivovarov - FC Zenit St. Petersburg
- Michael Nicholson - Celtic FC
- Álvaro García-Alamán de la Calle - Real Madrid CF
- Jesus Arroyo - Sevilla CF
- Bernhard Heusler - FC Basel 1893
- Andrey Kharitonchuk - FC Shakhtar Donetsk